Growing up and growing old
Never thought I would say this but ...it is scarry to get older! YES it is ...you say no? Well, then you are one of the few.
No I am not saying I am scared of getting old, I said it is scarry getting older. Why am I writing about this today? Because my youngest had his haircut and afterwards he didn't look like a teenager anymore, he looked like a young man!! Made me think back to his first haircut...this pictures I really should share...don't you think?
No I am not saying I am scared of getting old, I said it is scarry getting older. Why am I writing about this today? Because my youngest had his haircut and afterwards he didn't look like a teenager anymore, he looked like a young man!! Made me think back to his first haircut...this pictures I really should share...don't you think?
Time really has flown by. I remember his first hair cut like it was yesterday. I remember who cut it, may she rest in peace, I remember the place. We were visiting the boys grandparents in Missouri right before we went back to Germany.
So is it wrong to see that I have no lines under my eyes? Is it wrong to say, I don't look as crisp anymore? Am I wrong by wishing those days back, since I enjoyed being a mother every day since they have been born?
Have they pushed my buttons? More then once! Have they driven me out of my mind? Yes!
Will I love unconditionally! Always!
So here is to the lines around my eyes, here is to the belly that isn't as flat as it used to be, here is to the joints that are hurting.....remember the fun you had raising them.
They have turned into awesome young men.
I am not scared of getting old, I just remember the younger days with much delight.


Comments
Post a Comment