Garage Sale Nightmare

I remember Garage sales as something fun to do and you were always able to find the special something! Now that I am the adult I have to admit things have changed.
So I go through my house and find all the things I want to get rid off and I include all of my quilts. On table with awesome rag quilts, backs, normal quilts, pillows and rugs. You name it it's all there.
First day I sit out and bore myself to death so I crochet to make myself feel good enough about all the work of carrying the stuff out, I made $ 5. Are you kidding me? I sit out there for how long? I make more going to work in 1 hour than I did sitting out there for hours, but I listen to friends and family. Tomorrow will be better. It was I made $30. Question is why though?
People don't have money, economy is down and out and everybody is trying to find things cheap, free or for a little as possible. I do understand that I am in the same boat.

And what can we do against it? Blaming the government is easy, but honestly does that bring anything? What can we do here in our neck of the woods to make things better?
For instance would it better to buy produce from a local farmer then from Walmart where the stuff comes from Mexico? Just a question, if we are starting to support more locally even though it might be a little bit more expensive -  the money stays locally. No I am not against Walmart - or any other store I am just realizing how much the people around here are hurting.

As I close please fellow bloggers remember that need to support our community with what we are doing. We can't change the world but we can change our surroundings and our thinking.

With this said have a good and safe memorial day weekend!
Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life after loss