Loss, Memories and Quilt
Last year a close friend of mine lost her mom. Months before the cancer came back, her mom and my friend bought table runner that needed to be sewn together. She came to me and said how about you teach me how to do this. Life got in the way, then her mom got sick again and died. Heart breaking, I do hate cancer - it also took my dad six months ago.
I was cleaning my sewing room out not to long, and found the the fabric and pattern to make the table runner. Putting it together I thought about her mother, she was such a wonderful human being. The best grandma ever and the biggest fan of her daughter. I finally finished it, was the first time that I pieced something like that, called her and dropped it off at her house. She started crying, I felt so bad. I had hoped it would be a piece of mom back. It did, but she and I are still raw from losing someone we loved dearly.

Comments
Post a Comment