When do you realize how much you love someone
Everything seemed to be fine when I left for work. Right before breakfast our Supervisorylead calls me out of the room and says:"You need to leave, your husband called, your son has a seizure"
I collect my keys and run to the car, while I get into the car the school informs me that my son turned blue, that he is unresponsive and that he has a seizure. They had already called 911 and given him Glucagon and for me to meet him at the hospital. Talking about racing, I got to the hospital before the ambulance got there. Filled out all the paperwork while waiting, not knowing if I would see my son dead or alive.
Scary moments...prayers sent...why always us? Calls are made to friends...so they can contact my family in Germany. Finally an eternity later the ambulance arrives...they open the door...and I see him IV's running into his venes, oxygen mask on, he is looking at me with a smirk on his face that says:" Did I screw up?"
Happiest moment for me I look at him and just tell him that I love him, they rush him in the ER, by then Dad had made it to the ER...all he says" Buddy, which test didn't you want to take?" Thomas smiles under his oxygen mask. He is stable!!
Next thing is a CT Scan to see if he has a bleeding in his brain...it was ok. Finally after hours of waiting for results, a teenager that is sleeping after his seizure, the doctor tells us. He had a low blood sugar seizure.
How was that able to happen? He had a good sugar in the morning? Did he give himself too much insulin for the food he ate?
Thankful for saving my son's life!! I am still mentally and emotionally drained, but I will be ok!!
I am hoping for a cure for Diabetes Typ 1
So when do you realize how much you love someone? Hopefully not when it is too late.
I know why I always say " I love you" before I leave or before they are leaving. You never know if it is the last time that you see them!!


What a scarey moment...glad he is alive...and all is well...
ReplyDelete