As time goes by, are you able to say it was good?

How close happiness and sadness is I never understood until this week. As we celebrated three birthday's in our family. My son's 21st, my brother's 38th, and my 46th we also had a memorial service for my aunt that has passed away this week and that on Thanksgiving.
Do we have reason's to be thankful? Yes, we all do and I would like to focus on my reason's for a moment.
First, my boy's. Can I be thankful that they are growing into loving and handsome men? Oh yes. Both of them have a heart out of gold. This week my youngest just came up and hugged me....and we are talking about a 18 year old.

The older one as mentioned turned 21. Did he go out and party? YES, as he should but his younger brother was his DD and at 2 am I got a message text message saying: We are on the way home! Does anyone realize how huge this is? I do and I am beyond thankful for that!

Second, my family in Germany. All of them, all, thought of me on my birthday even though they were getting ready for the funeral on the same day. Did they have to call? No, but they did or they send an email just letting me know they thought of me.

Third, my husband...yes he can be a pain, but through all of this. He is still here. He puts up with me and my problems, my health issues and my as he calls it "nagging", but instead of getting too angry he fixes the things I see as a problem. Are we different? Yes, day and night, but somehow he is my rock, rugged, but he gives me strength.

Fourth, my adopted family over here in a country were I feel as a stranger. I have people in my life, that go out of their way to make sure that get out of my "funk"stages. Thank you all.

So, as we start this new week all I can say over and over again. Pass on caring, loving and blessings to someone that doesn't feel as fortunate, because at the end look back on it and hopefully you are able to say: It was good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life after loss