Secret Santa and his Elf's or is it hope?
I have been working on making someones Christmas different, and I thought I was doing just fine. Older couples in their 90's and a lady that is living on her own and basically having no body. Do I wish I could do more. Yes, I wish!!
What is Christmas? Is it about Black Friday and spending money, none of us really have. Is it about this materialistic chaos that we are producing ourselves? Personally, I think not...but who am I just a small voice in a small town in Northern New York.
After Sandy hit one of my son's friend got deployed to help, he came back and showed me his pictures. I thought : I am blessed that it didn't hit us as hard, but he said something that caught my attention. He said: This was the rich area that got hit! The area where people throw a bike away because a brake pedal is broken. I looked up and said, it is easier for them to buy a new bike than to fix the old. Scary thought!
So, what is it to me? I went to Michael's Craft Store yesterday, found a snowflake that was marked down and I got four letters with it, these letters I will go on tonight and that will be my motto for this Christmas time
What is Christmas? Is it about Black Friday and spending money, none of us really have. Is it about this materialistic chaos that we are producing ourselves? Personally, I think not...but who am I just a small voice in a small town in Northern New York.
After Sandy hit one of my son's friend got deployed to help, he came back and showed me his pictures. I thought : I am blessed that it didn't hit us as hard, but he said something that caught my attention. He said: This was the rich area that got hit! The area where people throw a bike away because a brake pedal is broken. I looked up and said, it is easier for them to buy a new bike than to fix the old. Scary thought!
So, what is it to me? I went to Michael's Craft Store yesterday, found a snowflake that was marked down and I got four letters with it, these letters I will go on tonight and that will be my motto for this Christmas time
Comments
Post a Comment