There is no place like home
There is no place like home, right? Yes and no.....My vacation started with lets say a rainy day in NY city...flight canceled. So instead of getting upset I went home spent time with my family and left the next day. At JFK I spent 8 hours thinking to myself ...really airport don't you can enough chairs so people can sit....but things that are worth waiting for are things like my vacation right?
Singapore airline.. you were wonderful, so polite and caring...but the Chinese guy sitting next to me decided to take half of my chair while sleeping...I politely stepped on his foot when I exited the plane...lol just to get even...because I didn't want to disturb his peaceful slumber.
Then I had to wait for a long time to get my luggage. Then customs and the door opened to Frankfurt Germany. I saw my mom for the first time in 5 years. Are you asking if tears flew freely. Yes they did. From one hug to the next tears were just rolling and then the smiling sat in. I was able to hug my mom and sister. Instead of phone or Skype it was real!
As tired as I was we went and drove to my sister's house sat and had lunch...potatoes, salad and veggies...yum...Mom and I got cake from the bakery for the afternoon coffee and cake and then we just sat and talked.
My sister had to work in the evening, an information evening about dementia for the people that are taking care of the patients with it. Mom went with her and I stayed home with my niece and nephews....after awesome cheese and salami, I decided to end my 36 hour of being up with not 2 but 3 glasses of wine and stayed up just long enough to say hello to my brother in law that had to work late and then I went to bed.
Opened the window up wide...let the cat in that never sleeps in the house...and fell into a dreamless slumber.
This morning I got up, no jet lag...at 5...sat outside on the balcony and had coffee. Plans for today. The Fasanerie, it is a bird park...we will go for a long beautiful walk in the forest. I am blessed with an awesome family.
The best part...I am relaxed and just responsible for me.....and I have the feeling that this vacation was more then needed...
Until tomorrows blogging
Have a good one
Singapore airline.. you were wonderful, so polite and caring...but the Chinese guy sitting next to me decided to take half of my chair while sleeping...I politely stepped on his foot when I exited the plane...lol just to get even...because I didn't want to disturb his peaceful slumber.
Then I had to wait for a long time to get my luggage. Then customs and the door opened to Frankfurt Germany. I saw my mom for the first time in 5 years. Are you asking if tears flew freely. Yes they did. From one hug to the next tears were just rolling and then the smiling sat in. I was able to hug my mom and sister. Instead of phone or Skype it was real!
As tired as I was we went and drove to my sister's house sat and had lunch...potatoes, salad and veggies...yum...Mom and I got cake from the bakery for the afternoon coffee and cake and then we just sat and talked.
My sister had to work in the evening, an information evening about dementia for the people that are taking care of the patients with it. Mom went with her and I stayed home with my niece and nephews....after awesome cheese and salami, I decided to end my 36 hour of being up with not 2 but 3 glasses of wine and stayed up just long enough to say hello to my brother in law that had to work late and then I went to bed.
Opened the window up wide...let the cat in that never sleeps in the house...and fell into a dreamless slumber.
This morning I got up, no jet lag...at 5...sat outside on the balcony and had coffee. Plans for today. The Fasanerie, it is a bird park...we will go for a long beautiful walk in the forest. I am blessed with an awesome family.
The best part...I am relaxed and just responsible for me.....and I have the feeling that this vacation was more then needed...
Until tomorrows blogging
Have a good one
Comments
Post a Comment