Who's on first....personal thoughts
In the last couple of days I have talked alot with my sister and mom, loving the fact that we do not have to hurry because we are on the phone and I have also learned a lot.
We had it about...who's first... in a family...my answer was my children...my sister said....wrong. You are first...always you...what happens in an airplane when the air masks fall down...you put yours on first ...and the child second...
True, if we as parents do not put us first, things have a tendency to fall apart, parents start argueing...with kids and themselves and the quality of life goes down the drain..
I have not realized how much I needed a break until I got here and for the first time in years...I was just responible for me, I have gained so much strength and have relaxed. Smiling seems to be natural right now.
Do I worry about my husband, yes, because I know for a fact he does not put himself first. He has worked beyond hard, and never takes a break. He has health issuse, we know he needs to address...but seems to not find the time and I am worried he will break and fall apart.
Personally, I hope he starts putting himself first so when I get back we both can go on the part of healing and putting US first.
Do we love our children, yes, beyond words, but as I said before strong parents develop strong children...
We had it about...who's first... in a family...my answer was my children...my sister said....wrong. You are first...always you...what happens in an airplane when the air masks fall down...you put yours on first ...and the child second...
True, if we as parents do not put us first, things have a tendency to fall apart, parents start argueing...with kids and themselves and the quality of life goes down the drain..
I have not realized how much I needed a break until I got here and for the first time in years...I was just responible for me, I have gained so much strength and have relaxed. Smiling seems to be natural right now.
Do I worry about my husband, yes, because I know for a fact he does not put himself first. He has worked beyond hard, and never takes a break. He has health issuse, we know he needs to address...but seems to not find the time and I am worried he will break and fall apart.
Personally, I hope he starts putting himself first so when I get back we both can go on the part of healing and putting US first.
Do we love our children, yes, beyond words, but as I said before strong parents develop strong children...

Comments
Post a Comment