Another one bites the DUST...why USA? Closing of the ONLY bookstore we have
Today I came across the Email from the Borders CEO informing the people of Watertown, that the ONLY bookstore we have in Watertown is closing. They are bankrupt. Hello world out there where is the world coming too? We already have enough children that don't know how to read anymore.
Doesn't the USA realize how important reading is? All the electronics we have don't bring back a good book. Sooner or later the E-book people get tired of charging their little friends and what will the do when there is a blackout?
What happened to sitting down with a good book, a blanket and a cup of tea or hot chocolate. What happened to reading to your children before they go to bed? What happened to realizing how important reading is for speech, for proper language and knowledge?
I am just absolutely shocked, and again I have to say...which way do you want to go USA?
It is interesting even though I have children with dislexia, I read to them every night instead of letting them watch TV till they fell asleep, after done with our nightly ritual I put in an audiobook so they could learn about King Arthur, Bees, Robin Hood, Tom Sawyer, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Treasure Island...fairytales from all over the world and and and...
Are my children dislexic...yes but I tell you one thing they have knowledge and not TV knowledge!
Do I critizise the fact that parents have TV's in the kids room yes! How do you want to teach your children how to compromise when they don't have to, because they can choose to watch what they want to watch in their rooms!! What about bringing them out in the living room, choosing which movie you will watch as a family and then TURN the TV off!!! Read a book with your children it is important for their future!
Where has this country come to if we are closing bookstore I wonder. This is a sad, sad day in Watertown's history.
With that dear blogger's, pick up a book and read!!
Doesn't the USA realize how important reading is? All the electronics we have don't bring back a good book. Sooner or later the E-book people get tired of charging their little friends and what will the do when there is a blackout?
What happened to sitting down with a good book, a blanket and a cup of tea or hot chocolate. What happened to reading to your children before they go to bed? What happened to realizing how important reading is for speech, for proper language and knowledge?
I am just absolutely shocked, and again I have to say...which way do you want to go USA?
It is interesting even though I have children with dislexia, I read to them every night instead of letting them watch TV till they fell asleep, after done with our nightly ritual I put in an audiobook so they could learn about King Arthur, Bees, Robin Hood, Tom Sawyer, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Treasure Island...fairytales from all over the world and and and...
Are my children dislexic...yes but I tell you one thing they have knowledge and not TV knowledge!
Do I critizise the fact that parents have TV's in the kids room yes! How do you want to teach your children how to compromise when they don't have to, because they can choose to watch what they want to watch in their rooms!! What about bringing them out in the living room, choosing which movie you will watch as a family and then TURN the TV off!!! Read a book with your children it is important for their future!
Where has this country come to if we are closing bookstore I wonder. This is a sad, sad day in Watertown's history.
With that dear blogger's, pick up a book and read!!
Comments
Post a Comment