What do Quilter's want?
I have been asking myself for a while...what do Quilter's want?
Now with that we have to see are you a beginner, intermediate or someone like Mrs. Burns that is a professional and has learned everything in the book!!
Well I am somewhere in between the beginner and the intermediate. I am my own worst critic, people have told me so, but I have a passion for fabric.
Coming from Europe into this country I have realized that my taste of fabric is completely different then the people here!
Is that good, bad or indifferent? Don't know but that is the wonderful difference when you are an artist! We don't have to like the same, be the same or enjoy the same things!!! Thank goodness for difference!
Still the question remains, what do we want?
Classes and weekends of quilting that don't cost a fortune! Remember most of us don't have a lot of money, unless you are a professional and people pay good money to buy your quilts.
Computer program that are affordable, I have a Bernina, and they want $600 for a embroidery update program....honestly, really?
A quiltstand with a longarm...yeah right...$9000 or a new one $2500 for a used one....in my dreams
And then there is the accu quilt ...which is still to expensive and still have a lot of reviews that say, don't buy it it's a waste!
Oh and one more thing.... $12.99 to 18.99 for a yard of fabric, when every wholeseller knows that they get for way cheaper then that. It is called rip off. Do I believe in making a profit! Yes I do but we don't need to rip people off now do we?
With that I want to end my blog for today, wishing you a beautiful sunday where ever you are.
Until next time blogger world out there.
Sincerely,
Kerstin
Aurora's Quilting Corner
Now with that we have to see are you a beginner, intermediate or someone like Mrs. Burns that is a professional and has learned everything in the book!!
Well I am somewhere in between the beginner and the intermediate. I am my own worst critic, people have told me so, but I have a passion for fabric.
Coming from Europe into this country I have realized that my taste of fabric is completely different then the people here!
Is that good, bad or indifferent? Don't know but that is the wonderful difference when you are an artist! We don't have to like the same, be the same or enjoy the same things!!! Thank goodness for difference!
Still the question remains, what do we want?
Classes and weekends of quilting that don't cost a fortune! Remember most of us don't have a lot of money, unless you are a professional and people pay good money to buy your quilts.
Computer program that are affordable, I have a Bernina, and they want $600 for a embroidery update program....honestly, really?
A quiltstand with a longarm...yeah right...$9000 or a new one $2500 for a used one....in my dreams
And then there is the accu quilt ...which is still to expensive and still have a lot of reviews that say, don't buy it it's a waste!
Oh and one more thing.... $12.99 to 18.99 for a yard of fabric, when every wholeseller knows that they get for way cheaper then that. It is called rip off. Do I believe in making a profit! Yes I do but we don't need to rip people off now do we?
With that I want to end my blog for today, wishing you a beautiful sunday where ever you are.
Until next time blogger world out there.
Sincerely,
Kerstin
Aurora's Quilting Corner
Comments
Post a Comment