Families are like quilts
Random thought of the day: Families are like quilts, no of the pieces are alike but putting them together makes them perfect.
I have thought about this blog long and hard since it isn't an easy one to write.
Yesterday, like every year, we had to bring our daughter's back to their mother. Like every year, it is beyond emotional for everybody involved.
And driving back I thought, our family is just like a patchwork quilt. Our family consists out of five children, which two don't live with us all the time, one is adopted and the other two are mine that I brought with me. What wonderful baggage my husband and I have. Five wonderful inspiring children.
But it isn't always as easy as it look, especially when there are different parenting styles come into the game and the playing of parents and the not so easy relationships between the adults.
So let's take a step back and see what is important. The children and only them. It isn't about the adult's its about the children not getting hurt more then they are already by the situation.
My plan this year was to make sure that our time here together in Northern New York would be fun. We did a lot of little things that a family would do together, which surprised our visiting daughter's, asking us: Do you always do that? I said yes we do things as a family together, stuff get's done much faster that way.
And at the end of the visit we had a party just for fun, with apple bobbing, shaving cream fight and lots of food.
Still when are we adult's learn that our children are our future and that we should always work together. Divorced children should never be a bargain between parents that either side is using to get what they want.
with that until the next time dear bloggers.
I have thought about this blog long and hard since it isn't an easy one to write.
Yesterday, like every year, we had to bring our daughter's back to their mother. Like every year, it is beyond emotional for everybody involved.
And driving back I thought, our family is just like a patchwork quilt. Our family consists out of five children, which two don't live with us all the time, one is adopted and the other two are mine that I brought with me. What wonderful baggage my husband and I have. Five wonderful inspiring children.
But it isn't always as easy as it look, especially when there are different parenting styles come into the game and the playing of parents and the not so easy relationships between the adults.
So let's take a step back and see what is important. The children and only them. It isn't about the adult's its about the children not getting hurt more then they are already by the situation.
My plan this year was to make sure that our time here together in Northern New York would be fun. We did a lot of little things that a family would do together, which surprised our visiting daughter's, asking us: Do you always do that? I said yes we do things as a family together, stuff get's done much faster that way.
And at the end of the visit we had a party just for fun, with apple bobbing, shaving cream fight and lots of food.
Still when are we adult's learn that our children are our future and that we should always work together. Divorced children should never be a bargain between parents that either side is using to get what they want.
with that until the next time dear bloggers.

Comments
Post a Comment