Heatwave and other thoughts!
While I sit inside since we have 100 degrees in Northern New York and I mean NORTHERN New York, I wonder about older people up here in the region and how they cope with the heat. More questions arise when I look at the way people have built and still building their house? Hello people up here in New York do you know that the winter's are freezing and the summer's are sizzling? And still they are building houses out of WOOD...with DRYWAll. Do I know that houses and the way they are build in Europe are more expensive, yes, I do, but they withstand hurricans, tornadoes and they keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer, which means they are more energy efficiant. When is the USA realizing that the times when a dishwasher became a millioniar are over? When is the USA realizing that energy isn't cheap and when will they realize that our future should be greener then our past?
It is scarry to think that the USA take things for granted. It is all about us, and no no no I won't help someone that is less fortunate, they just need to get their butts up and work. They could have my lifestyle at any time. Hello? Really? When are we all learning that giving something for the benefit of our society makes life more liveable? When will we learn it is not just about us? When will we learn that if we carry each other's burdens they get lighter?
Is it really just about me, do I need to use my ellbows to get to the top? Do I have to loose the sight importance and humanity on my way to the top?
I had one encounter this week that brought all of these questions up. One person said that his son shouldn't volunteer because it was a waste of his month, one that couldn't be afforded but on the other hand his other son, was not working at all and freeloading of him and his friends. It struck me because the younger son wanted to do something for the greater good of society and was told he shouldn't because it was a waste. Right or wrong that isn't the question here, it is about the principle.
Should we instill freeloading or volunteering, which is better for our younger generation. My answer to the father was: Volunteering is for the greater good of society, freeloading is egocentric and based on laziness. Which do you prefer?
So dear people out there install love, humanity and kindness into your children so this country goes back to being caring and kind. The way the USA is walking right now is not good. The USA is walking on a highwire and it is a matter of time until they fall and get hurt!!
Those are just my thoughts on humanity, kindness, love and life!!
It is scarry to think that the USA take things for granted. It is all about us, and no no no I won't help someone that is less fortunate, they just need to get their butts up and work. They could have my lifestyle at any time. Hello? Really? When are we all learning that giving something for the benefit of our society makes life more liveable? When will we learn it is not just about us? When will we learn that if we carry each other's burdens they get lighter?
Is it really just about me, do I need to use my ellbows to get to the top? Do I have to loose the sight importance and humanity on my way to the top?
I had one encounter this week that brought all of these questions up. One person said that his son shouldn't volunteer because it was a waste of his month, one that couldn't be afforded but on the other hand his other son, was not working at all and freeloading of him and his friends. It struck me because the younger son wanted to do something for the greater good of society and was told he shouldn't because it was a waste. Right or wrong that isn't the question here, it is about the principle.
Should we instill freeloading or volunteering, which is better for our younger generation. My answer to the father was: Volunteering is for the greater good of society, freeloading is egocentric and based on laziness. Which do you prefer?
So dear people out there install love, humanity and kindness into your children so this country goes back to being caring and kind. The way the USA is walking right now is not good. The USA is walking on a highwire and it is a matter of time until they fall and get hurt!!
Those are just my thoughts on humanity, kindness, love and life!!
I sew hear you...I NEVER ever take anything for granted..I did a tour in Cambodia when I first became a nurse and ever since then.( now 30 yrs) I marvel at the thought I can write on this screen because I have electricity. I have a carpet under my feet instead of a mud floor, I have water from a tap in my house x 4, I can get into my car and go to a local grocer and pick up fresh foods. NOOOO my dear, I for one never take anything for granted. I live small, I share what I have and I do try to make a difference by reaching out to others, never ever expecting anything in return..it always comes back to me more than I ever could possibly imagine.....LOVED your thoughts..I hear you..xx
ReplyDelete